Vocational Education & Training for Youth
RMET operates through a network of all over India, having the Central Program office in New Delhi. The regional offices throughout India in West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu. The Institute aims to provide trainings and technical support to the VocationalTraining Programme for realization of the national goal of fulfilling the requirements of skilled humanresource for national development.
The main functions of the RMET are:
• Institution-based skill development including all Vocational Training.
• Formal and informal apprenticeships and other types of training enterprises.
• Training for self employment/entrepreneurial development.
• Adult learning, retraining of retired or retiring employees and lifelong learning
• Non-formal training including training by civic society organizations.